Case Study Type: Long Term Retained Campaign
- Global manufacturing firm with a £150million turnover.
- Leader in the manufacture of innovative cable and pipe transit systems, supplying many of the world’s biggest firms, it is active in more than 80 markets.
- Founded in Sweden in 1990 with UK operation in Greater Manchester.
- Products designed to seal cables and pipes and are used to protect people, buildings and equipment from multiple hazards.
- Key market sectors include Marine, Oil and Gas, Telecoms, Construction, Power (generation, distribution and transmission) OEM (e.g. trains, engines, motors, generators) and the Process Industries.
The Brief: February 2009 to Present
- Since February 2009 Polaris’ team has been tasked with managing Roxtec UK’s entire public relations and media operation.
- The campaign requires promotion of a variety of corporate news including deals and contracts, partnerships, investments, new products, research and development, staff growth and company performance.
- A key element of this campaign involves cross sector promotion geared towards specialist trade press including maritime, oil and gas, telecoms, construction, power, OEM and the process industries.
- Polaris generates consistent coverage across regional media and international trade press generating between 60 and 100 articles each year, worth circa £100,000 in advertising equivalent value (AEV).
- Write all Roxtec’s press releases and trade press technical articles.
- Grown in-depth knowledge of Roxtec as company its ethos as well as its testing procedures and large product portfolio.
- Gained comprehensive understanding of Roxtec’s selling points and messaging.
- Built up understanding of Roxtec’s sectors and which specialist media is most effective for reaching decision makers in those sectors including maritime, offshore, telecoms, rail, renewables, construction, data centres, process industries, nuclear and clean rooms.
- Liaise with Roxtec’s clients on media promotion operating as an external press office.
- Produce detailed technical articles up to 2000 words in-length providing comprehensive analysis of Roxtec’s projects, products and services.
- Carry out regular audits of international trade magazines to source relevant opportunities to promote Roxtec’s work. This has created a strong network of trade media contacts and an ability to source regular opportunities in niche titles.
- On-going management of a specially coded and referenced Wikipedia page meeting stringent website regulations.
- Further editorial support is delivered to maximise media coverage around trade show appearances ensuring a strong profile in show magazines.