Promar Shipping Services
Case Study Type: Event PR for Ship Christening in Barcelona
- Switzerland-based firm supplying multi-purpose vessels and fast crew boats to the global offshore marine industry for exploration and production operations.
- Covers all ship management competencies with presence in Africa, Europe and the Middle East.
The Brief: March 2015
- Manage PR and media operation for launch of Promar’s new state-of-the-art 80-metre Platform Supply Vessel (PSV), built by Damen Shipyards, in Galati, Romania.
- Attract international maritime trade media attention following the naming ceremony in Port of Barcelona, Spain, and attract coverage from international maritime trade media.
- Build awareness of importance of Mamola Reliance as the first of its kind in Promar’s fleet and one of the best-equipped PSV’s in the world.
- Communicate design specification developed in line with North Sea standards.
- Promote the vessel’s special features making it particularly attractive for deep water operations.
- Ramp up awareness operations across West Africa’s offshore oil and gas sector.
- Attended naming ceremony and coordinated entire media operation including interviews, press releases and photography.
- Used extensive knowledge of maritime media and experience as British trained journalists to write comprehensive press release geared towards global trade media.
- Issued press release package with professional standard images to hundreds of press contacts through international media database.
- Effectively promoted Mamola Reliance’s key selling points to the market place and refined company messaging.
- Generated extensive coverage across international maritime, oil and gas, and offshore trade media building greater brand profile and awareness.
- Broke new ground generating exposure on media platforms Promar had not previously reached including European, American and African based publications.