Morris & Spottiswood
Case Study Type: Long Term Retained Campaign
- £80million turnover construction sector firm specialising in fit out, housing, maintenance and M&E services.
- Family-owned enterprise founded in Glasgow in 1925 by George Morris and John Spottiswood.
- Second generation of the Morris family built up the shop-fitting and construction divisions in 1960s.
- Now led by the third generation of the Morris family employing more than 400 staff, with offices in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Leeds and Warrington.
The Brief: 2015 to Present
- Starting in 2015 kickstart retained PR campaign to raise awareness of successes and prime services in Scotland and in England where the company has offices in Greater Manchester and Leeds and sees most growth potential.
- Generate consistent coverage each month promoting the firm’s corporate success, deals, partnerships, investments, staff development, training, research and apprenticeships schemes.
- Network the company within construction sector groups across the North of England.
- Source award application opportunities.
- Provide crisis media management service.
- Provide industry research.
- Polaris has generated circa 100 pieces of coverage each year, reaching more than five million people, worth around £100,000 in Advertising Equivalent Value (AEV).
- Frequent high-level coverage in ‘papers of record’ around regional bases including Liverpool Echo, Manchester Evening News, Yorkshire Post, The Scotsman, the Edinburgh Evening News, The Herald and Glasgow Evening Times.
- Consistent coverage in UK construction media in leading trade titles including Scottish Construction Now, Refurb and Building Services & Environmental Engineer.
- Crisis management service has helped managed and correct inaccurate reporting on national media platforms.
- Drafted and submitted numerous business award applications building profile across UK regions. Secured successful shortlisting in ‘Leadership’ category of Yorkshire Post Awards 2016 and ‘Refit & Refurbishment Company of the Year’ in the Yorkshire Insider Property Awards 2017.
- Secured consistent coverage around the firm’s corporate performance, sales growth, new and expanded services, its apprentice scheme, staff hires and new investments.
- Provided referrals, developed relationships within industry and positioned firm as key player in sector.