Case Study: Long Term Retained Client
- World famous iconic shipbuilder and marine engineering services company founded in 1820s.
- Turnover of £100million specialising in shipbuilding, military ship refit, commercial ship repair, upgrade and conversion and heavy fabrication and engineering.
- Diversified into engineering services for civil nuclear, renewables and oil and gas industries.
The Brief: February 2008 to Present
- Provide media relations support to senior management for all activities around the yard operating on a monthly retainer.
- Developed extensive experience and understanding of Cammell Laird operations and company ethos.
- Generated more than £250,000 – £500,000 worth of positive media coverage each year in national, maritime trade and regional press.
- Act as main contact point for all media queries ensuring carefully managed responses.
- Draft all press releases and organise all press calls at the yard.
- Media adviser to Cammell Laird’s clients’ media teams.
- Work on media management with press teams from Government, Royal Navy, Royal Fleet Auxiliary, British Antarctic Survey, National Environmental Research Council, BAE Systems, Rolls Royce, Nexans and Aircraft Carrier Alliance.
- Managed media for all major events and contracts at the shipyard since 2008 including:
2017 Opening of new nuclear manufacturing facility
2016 Sir David Attenborough keel laying ceremony
2015 Polar ship contact award
2013 Western Ferries Christening
2010-2012 Aircraft Carrier building of flight decks
Royal Fleet Auxiliary cluster contract 2008 – present
- Successful writing of awards ceremony applications including:
‘Business of the Year’ winner Liverpool Daily Post and Echo Business Awards,
‘Business of the Year’ winner Wirral Business Awards,
‘Business of the Year’ winner Mersey Maritime Awards