Looking for a PR hack for immediate quickfire impact? Here’s some tips from Polaris MD Ben Pinnington’s book: Making Waves: ‘PR strategies to transform your maritime business’
• Upload new client recommendations to your website, LinkedIn and Google reviews.
• Start a company YouTube channel. Thought-leadership vlogging is impactful. Upload films to LinkedIn.
• Pitch for an award in your industry or local area.
• Exhibit at trade fair. Secure speaking slot, invite journalists to your stand to discuss new story.
• Adopt a charity aligned to your values. Embed the charity in your marketing – website, social media and PR.
• Identify who can be the Richard Branson frontman or woman of your business.
• Research networking events for your frontperson to attend and speak at.
• Plan social media campaign to be led by your frontperson based around blogs, vlogs or case studies.
• Refresh company brochures. Here’s one Polaris made for Cammell Laird shipbuilders:
Sir David Attenborough Polar Ship
• Make a short uplifting company film for your website homepage and presentations. Here’s one Polaris made for Red Funnel
• Build contemporary new website full of case studies and news .
• Develop a bold, inspiring ethos to inspire staff and customers. People are motivated by making a positive difference.
Watch our vlog
• Refresh your networking pitch, highlight case studies.
• Secure coverage in the trade press with technical articles show depth of your expertise.