picture: Polaris MD Ben Pinnington second left with fellow Rising Star pavilion exhibitors and Organisers.
Polaris has staged the European launch of MD Ben Pinnington’s new maritime PR book Making Waves at the Europort trade fair in Rotterdam.
Ben posted on LinkedIn from the fair:
• Polaris is here to stage the European launch of my new maritime PR book Making Waves in the Rising Stars Pavilion organised by MARPRO
* It is brilliant to share space with innovative small businesses aiming to disrupt the industry with new products and ideas.
* Communicating more professionally is one of the biggest challenges facing maritime.
* The opening ceremony heard the familiar plea for maritime to break out of its conservative shackles and champion the industry better to attract the best people.
* The biggest challenge of communications is often to do your organisation justice. This is the task maritime must now rise to.
* Maritime has some of the greatest stories to tell of any sector in the world – it has to tell those stories with passion and inspire.
* Decarbonisation marks a sea change for maritime. It drags the sector into the public eye.
* Scrutiny will only intensify through measures like ESG and mainstream media reports.
* Those who use PR to shape their business strategy to show they are listening and in tune with changes in the industry and society will be at a considerable advantage over those who do not.
* PR is more about what you do, than what you say. Do not green wash. Highlight positive action.
Thank you to Marpro’s expert host Narjiss Ghajour #maritimeindustry #europort
Making Waves ?? is an Amazon best seller and available in print ?, kindle ? and audio book? on Amazon Audible and Apple Books with Rethink Press https://lnkd.in/dY35v8G2