By Polaris MD Ben Pinnington
Thank you to Sam Chambers at Splash Maritime and Offshore News (splash247.com) for running an excerpt on the importance of brand and having a higher purpose from my forthcoming book. Read: https://lnkd.in/dj5-6hb
My book ‘Making Waves: Public relations strategies to transform your maritime business’ will be published by Rethink Press in June.
* Brand is the starting point from which PR and comms messaging grow
* In a noisy complicated world you have to be very clear what you want people to know about your company values
* A brand at its best will inspire with an ethos and an attitude
* Find your ethos by looking at what motivates your founder or owners, dig into their passion
* Brands require authentic character and texture
* Avoid being bland or idealised – you will not stand out
* Having a higher purpose is contagious, you are more than what you do
* The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are being adopted to underpin ethos across the maritime sector
* Businesses that fail to prioritise people in their communications will almost certainly become unstuck while those that do are at a considerable advantage.
Selina Juneja Lucy McCarraher Joe Gregory