* Every organisation, no matter how large or small, ultimately depends on its reputation for survival and success.
* PR works when the CEO believes in it and thrusts it to the centre of the business.
* PR requires clear objectives and methods of measuring from the outset. Measuring is not simple.
* PR can create sales and opportunities but cannot work in a vacuum. Businesses have to proactively harvest the profile PR creates.
* PR can help position your company for sale and increase its value and interest among investors. But PR is a slow burn process.
* The outcomes of PR cannot be measured in outputs like media coverage. Outcomes are measured in whether PR influences and changes attitudes and behaviour.
* PR is different to advertising. It is independent and not paid for.
I was pleased to join professor Simon Quinn from Liverpool Uni Ryan Preece at RNLI and Benjamin Ludzker from Kays Medical Ltd as a speaker. Read event write up from Tony McDonough https://lnkd.in/dSu3FDN