We are looking to recruit a talented, hard working graduate to work in our Northern Quarter Manchester and Merseyside offices. Salary £15k-£20k depending on experience plus generous holiday package of 35 days including bank holidays. Job requires overseas travel to our Lisbon office, export clients in the Middle East and Europe and trade fairs. Training will be given to the successful candidate in line with CiPR standards.
Core skills and requirements:
* The candidate must be NCTJ or NCE qualified.
* Professional standard news writing skills and strong news sense.
* Strong social media skills.
* Ability to work in a small team in a growing entrepreneural family run business.
* Ability to work under own initiative.
* Ability to work with clients and develop diplomatic professional services skills.
* Interest in business and world affairs.
* A can-do, ambitious, positive, resilient attitude.
* Strong work ethic and desire to go the extra mile essential.
In return we offer:
* The chance to work in a real ‘dragons den’ helping a broad range of entrepreneurial businesses grow. Our clients are passionate people and want to work with talented people who can make a difference to their business.
* The chance to work with businesses who ‘make things’. Our clients are mainly in the maritime, engineering and manufacturing sectors. They include Cammell Laird, Oman Drydock, Oman Shipping Company, Hero Cycles and a range of privately owned businesses which operate worldwide. This means you will work with international, national and regional media.
* The opportunity to help us grow and with it you will grow. We are a small committed team. This role carries responsibility operating in the engine room of a company. For the right person this means you can really develop your skills in an entrepreneurial environment.
* Polaris has diversified into digital publishing. We offer the opportunity to write for our international business news websites www.IndiaGBnews.com and www.OmanGBnews.com and a soon to be launched European maritime news website.
* A focus on hard news and hard hitting campaigns. You will be given freedom to show your skills, initiative and drive.
* The chance to work with one of the region’s best known business specialist PR firms. Our thriving maritime division is helping us grow into one of Europe’s leading marine specialist PR firms.
* We are a family business. We offer the opportunity to work in a friendly and supportive environment.
Please send your CV and covering letter explaining why you would like to work for us to email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>